All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionPalliative surgery can greatly contribute to improving symptom control and quality of life for terminal cancer patients. Owing to the advanced stage of the disease, however, this type of surgery is also associated with significant morbidity and mortality. It is therefore important for surgeons to have a sound understanding of the medical and scientific background underlying treatment decisions in palliative surgery, a foundation that this book provides. The opening chapters examine the relationship between palliative medicine and palliative surgery and address general issues including pain management and anesthesiological considerations. The role of palliative surgery in a wide range of disease settings is then thoroughly explored, including detailed information on surgical techniques and their indications and outcomes. This book will be an invaluable resource for all who wish to learn more about the emerging role of palliative surgery.
- Author BiographyAbout the Editors: Dr. Matthias Wichmann is a General Surgeon trained in Munich and is Fellow of the Australian College of Surgeons since 2007. He is Assistant Professor of the University of Munich since 2004 and Associate Professor of Flinders University in Adelaide since 2007. Dr. Wichmann is Consultant General Surgeon Mount Gambier Hospital (a rural hospital centre in South Australia) since 2006. His surgical interests involve colorectal cancer surgery, minimal invasive surgery and surgical education. Dr. Wichmann is Co-Editor of Jauch/Mutschler/Wichmann: Chirurgie Basisweiterbildung, 2007, 978-3-540-34004-1.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 28 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight866 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byGuy Maddern,Matthias Wichmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.