All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPalm Angels will be a definitive volume of the Los Angeles skateboarding scene. Photographed by the Italian creative director of Moncler, the volume devotes a special focus on the look and fashions of skate culture. While it emphasizes dramatic movement, it is less focused on describing tricks as it is about conveying the sensation of men and women engaged in an epic, all-consuming activity. This is achieved with over 200 photographs in colour and black and white, some large-format, and many duotoned in gold ink. Through art photography, this book aims to do for skate what Bruce Webber and others did for surf culture, elevating it from an exclusive and localized American preoccupation to a global phemen with an equally potent mystique, and one that engages a broad demographic. Pharrell Williams (kwn to the skate community as Skateboard P) has been instrumental in popularizing the skate look and has propelled it all the way to the high-street of fashion capitals like Paris, New York, and Tokyo.
- Author BiographyFrancesco Ragazzi is the Italianart director of Moncler. Pharrell Williams is a designer, recording artist, and producer based in Miami.
- Author(s)Francesco Ragazz,Pharrell Williams
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 colour and black and white illustrations
- Weight1565 g
- Width229 mm
- Height330 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.