All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic volume, w available at a lower price, showcases jet-set homes designed by the likes of Neutra, Frey, Lautner, and others. Palm Springs is famous as a mecca for the international jet set. But the city has also attracted its share of eccentrics and mavericks who have left an architectural legacy that remains unsurpassed for its originality and international influence. This book examines the impact that architects and designers have had on the desert oasis, primarily from the 1940s to the 1960s. Palm Springs Modern features examples of mid-century modernism at its most glamorous, some of them the residences of prominent figures who commissioned weekend getaways in the desert, including Frank Sinatra, Walter Annenberg, and Raymond Loewy. Adele Cygelman's insightful text, a foreword by architectural historian Joseph Rosa, contemporary colour photography by David Glomb, and the celebrated archival black-and-white work of Julius Shulman all capture the distinctly modern allure of America's famed desert playground.
- Author BiographyAdele Cygelman worked as an editor at Architectural Digest for twelve years. Joseph Rosa is the director of the University of Michigan Museum of Art. David Glomb's photography has appeared in House and Garden, Architectural Digest, and House Beautiful, among other publications.
- Author(s)Adele C. Ygelman,Joseph Rosa
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication10/02/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1383 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.