Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis biography of the 3rd Viscount Palmerston provides a compelling insight into a man of contradictions whose public life personified 19th-century Britain. In spite of his aristocratic roots and playboy image, Palmerston identified himself with the people, becoming their natural spokesperson and the country's most English minister . Although seemingly averse to the onrush of modernity, he seized the initiative both at home and abroad in leading his nation into the future. Taking into account revisionist approaches, Paul R. Ziegler authoritatively reassesses the life of this well kwn British political figure, demonstrating that in facing new challenges Palmerston adjusted himself to the times and helped to usher Britain into the modern age.
- Author BiographyPAUL R. ZIEGLER is Professor of History at Assumption College, Worcester, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Paul Ziegler
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/10/2002
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleBritish History in Perspective
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteVIII, 156 p.
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.