Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps best kwn for shepherding the Democratic party through its political exile during the Reagan/Bush era, Pamela Harriman used her third husband Avrell's fortune and her own extraordinary charm and intelligence to help propel a grateful Bill Clinton into the White House. The vivacious daughter of a rural English baron, at nineteen she married the only son of Winston Churchill and played a small part in the unfurling of history, while living with the Prime Minister during World War Two. Her second marriage to celebrated producer Leland Hayward put her at the crossroads of Hollywood and Broadway in the 1960s. Married to statesman Harriman in 1971- thirty years after a wartime affair- she dealt with Soviet, Chinese and European leaders. Along the way, she became one of the century's greatest courtesans, linked to such rich and powerful men as Gianni Agnelli, Frank Sinatra and Elie de Rothschild. LIFE OF THE PARTY is the first inside look at Harriman's legendary and extraordinary life- an amazing story and one woman's rise to the pinnacle of power.
- Author BiographyChristopher Ogden writes for Time and Fortune and has reported from the White House and State Department. He is the best-selling author of LIFE OF THE PARTY, A BIOGRAPHY OF PAMELA HARRIMAN and MAGGIE: AN INTIMATE PORTRAIT OF A WOMAN IN POWER.
- Author(s)Christopher Ogden
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteSection: 16, b/w
- Weight590 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.