All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $27.25Trending at AU $28.05
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $46.57
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $44.71
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $34.42
- AU $33.83Trending at AU $39.29
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by references to the delicious books of Pampille in Proust's Remembrance of Things Past, the veteran cookbook author Shirley King adapted this gastromic gem of a book for the modern American kitchen. Marthe Daudet (1878-1960) was Pampille, and her book Les Bons Plats de France, originally published in 1919, is still regarded as a classic in France. Her intriguing mix of charming writing, insightful wit, and wonderful, authentic recipes makes this a travelogue as well as a useful cookbook. While remaining faithful to Pampille's language and work, King has updated the recipes when necessary to make them practical for modern cooks.
- Author BiographyShirley King (1931-2005) worked in the food business for more than twenty-five years as a chef, caterer, consultant, writer, and instructor. She was the author of the classic cookbook Fish, the Basics: An Illustrated Guide to Selecting and Cooking Fresh Seafood.
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleAt Table
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight273 g
- Width3429 mm
- Height5182 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byShirley King
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.