All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.65
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.66
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.52
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.55
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $90.43
About this product
- DescriptionPan de Sal is a shy, plain little girl, embarrassed for living in a poor thatched-roof hut and for eating simple foods. She envies Croissant, Muffin and Doughnut, her richer and prettier classmates. One day, the school bus they are riding in has a flat tire, and Pan de Sal saves the day by entertaining her friends and sharing her simple lunch with them - and it turns out that she has reason to feel ashamed after all! Pan de Sal is the name of the simple, yet ever-popular sweet bun eaten in the Philippines. It is completely unassuming, and yet still beloved by everyone. Pan de Sal Saves the Day teaches children to see the unique qualities in everything - especially which we give little thought to, but which bring us such great love and joy.
- Author BiographyNorma Olizon-Chikiamco won first prize in the Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature and received the Outstanding Journalism Award from Australian-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce and the National Book Award from the Manila Critics' Circle. She lives in the Philippines. Mark Salvatus hails from Quezon province in the Philippines. He has won several national competitions in the Philippines, including ArtPetron.
- Author(s)Mark Ramsel N. Salvatus,Norma Chikiamco
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication10/10/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Out-of-print date08/11/2011
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.