All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.22Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Carlos Palance Memorial Award for Literature. This colourfully illustrated multicultural children's book presents an entertaining story from the Philippines in both English and Tagalog.A heart-warming story of a young Filipi girl who builds self-confidence after spending a day with her classmates, Pan de Sal Saves the Day: A Filipi Children's Story is an award-winning inspiring tale for young children everywhere. It's the story of a young girl named Pan de Sal who lives in the Philippines and thinks she's the unluckiest girl in the whole world. Aside from t liking her own name and finding her appearance strange, she doesn't have all the fancy things her classmates have. She can't even muster the courage to try out for the Glee Club, even though she has a beautiful voice. Things change suddenly when an unexpected event forces her into the limelight. With her innate talent and resourcefulness, Pan de Sal wins admiration of her classmates and finds the confidence she needs to fulfill her dreams. For anyone who has ever felt like an outsider or experienced adversity, Pan de Sal Saves the Day teaches children to see the unique qualities in everything and everyone, even themselves.
- Author Biography<b>Norma Chikiamco</b> writes for several leading newspapers and magazines in the Philippines. Apart from winning first prize in the Carlos Palance Memorial Award for Literature for <i>Pan de Sal Saves the Day</i>, she has received an Outstanding Journalism Award from the ANZ Chamber of Commerce and a National Book Award from the Manila Critics Circle. She has also written a series of cookbooks on Filipino cuisine. Illustrator <b>Mark Salvatus</b> is a freelance illustrator and graphic designer based in Manila. Two children's books he illustrated have won awards from the Philippine Board for Books for Young People (PBBY) and the National Book Awards-Manila Critics Circle.
- Author(s)Mark Salvatus,Norma Olizon-Chikiamco
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication24/02/2017
- LanguageEnglish and Tagalog
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content NoteBilingual English and Tagalog; full-colour throughout
- Weight100 g
- Width229 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition StatementNew Bilingual English and Tagalog Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.