Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.09
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.91
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionCancers of the liver and pancreas remain challenging problems in oncology, with the five-year survival rates still dire for both types of cancer - 14%, overall, for all forms of liver cancer, according to a report from the American Cancer Society in 2012. The latest book in the Site-Specific Cancer Series provides an up-to-date examination of cancers of the liver, bile duct, and gallbladder and exocrine and endocrine tumors of the pancreas. Chapters in Pancreatic and Hepatobiliary Cancers explore the diagsis, treatments options, patient management, and emerging therapies for pancreatic exocrine and endocrine tumors, gallbladder cancer and bile duct tumors, primary hepatocellular carcima, and liver metastases. In addition, chapters also provide you with information on quality of life and symptom management, nutritional challenges for patients with these types of cancers as well as nutrition symptoms and management strategies, advance care planning, and the ecomic and social challenges faced by patients with pancreatic and hepatobiliary cancers. Liver and pancreatic cancers are difficult diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and are often met with poor outcomes. Caring for patients with these types of cancers can also be challenging - with complex treatment plans, complicated side effect management, and difficult nutrition management - and this new book provides you with the information and details you'll need to properly care for an at-risk patient population.
- PublisherOncology Nursing Society
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleSite-specific Cancer Series
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOncology Nursing Society
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byCatherine M. Handy,Denise O'Dea
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.