All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis long prose poem is the author's translation of the original French version L'Amour panique (1987). The poem serves as a link between Italy and Montreal, analyzing the essence of identity. Set in Paris, this poem is a contemporary exploration of the myth of Ulysses where the personal, the cultural, and the political realms coalesce and question the depersonalization of masks.
- Author BiographyAntonio D'Alfonso was born in Montreal. He studied at Loyola College from 1970 to 1975, where he got his B.A. in Communication Arts. Later on he went to Universite de Montreal to complete his Master's Science Degree in Communication Studies, specializing in Semiology; his thesis was on Mouchette, a film by Robert Bresson. In 1978 he founded Guernica Editions, where he edited over 450 books by authors from around the world. In 1982 along with three other writers, he founded the trilingual magazine, Vice Versa. In 1986, along with three other writers, he founded the Association of Italian-Canadian Writers. He has taught at Universite of Montreal, Continuing Studies at University of Toronto, University of California, in San Diego. He is presently a writer in residence at McGill University (French language and literature department).
- Author(s)Antonio D'Alfonso
- PublisherGuernica Editions,Canada
- Date of Publication01/01/1992
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGuernica Editions,Canada
- Weight85 g
- Width110 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.