Panoramas literarios: Espa?a by Beverly Mayne Kienzle, Teresa Mendez-Faith (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $101.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped for use in upper-level courses and written entirely in Spanish, this anthology introduces students to Peninsular literature. Representative works by major literary figures in a variety of genres (fiction, poetry, drama, and essay), exemplify important literary movements from the Middle Ages to the present. This text is part of a two-volume anthology that can be used separately or in conjunction with its companion volume, Paramas literarios: America hispana.
- Author BiographyBeverly Mayne Kienzle received her BA from the University of Maryland and her MA and PhD from Boston College. She began teaching at Harvard Divinity School in 1986 and currently is the John H. Morison Professor of the Practice in Latin and Romance Languages, Lecturer on Medieval Christianity, and the Faculty Director of Language Studies. Her courses on Christian Latin and medieval Christianity emphasize the careful examination of primary sources and the role of texts in medieval culture. As past president of the International Medieval Sermon Studies Society, she channels her passion for medieval sermons into her teaching and her publications on preaching. Her work focuses on the place of preaching and sermons in the history of medieval religion and on evidence for women's preaching in monastic, lay, and dissident communities. A concern about violence against women motivates her continuing research on battering in historical narratives. She has published several books on medieval sermons and preaching, including: Hildegard of Bingen and her Gospel Homilies (2009); Hildegard of Bingen, Expositiones euangeliorum, co-edited with Carolyn Muessig (2007), and The Sermon. Typologie des sources du moyen age occidental, fasc. 81-83, (2000). Teresa Mendez-Faith was born in Asuncion, Paraguay but has lived in other countries most of her life. She graduated from high school in Montevideo, Uruguay and completed her university studies in the United States, receiving her Ph.D. at the University of Michigan in 1979. She currently resides in New England. An essayist, literary critic, and college professor, she teaches Hispanic-American literature at Saint Anselm College in New Hampshire.Her book Paraguay: Novela y Exilio (1985), was chosen by the New England Council of Latin American Studies as the Book of the year (1985). She has authored three Hispanic-American literary anthologies: Contextos literarios hispanoamericanos (1986), Panoramas literarios: America Hispana (1998) and Nuevos contextos: Doce cuentistas contemporaneos de Hispanoamerica (2002) and more than 30 critical articles (published in diverse literary journals), and is co-author of four Spanish textbooks.Teresa Mendez-Faith has been awarded several academic distinctions, including two postgraduate scholarships from the National Endowment for the Humanities, the AAUP Teacher of the Year prize at her college (1990), and, also that same year, the Sears-Roebuck Foundation Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership Award. . In December 1999, the Society of Paraguayan Writers (SEP) granted her an Honorary Diploma for her work in the dissemination of Paraguayan literature. This work began in 1994, with the appearance of two books published in Asuncion by El Lector: Breve Diccionario de la Literatura Paraguaya y Breve Antologia de la Literatura Paraguaya (2nd edition, 1997-98). This initial pair of volumes has been followed, to date, by three double-volume anthologies, organized by genre, which were published in Asuncion by Intercontinental Editora: Poesia Paraguaya de Ayer y de Hoy, Volume I (1995) and Volume II (1997), Narrativa Paraguaya de Ayer y de Hoy, Volumes I and II (1999), and Teatro Paraguayo de Ayer y de Hoy, Volumes I and
- Author(s)Beverly Mayne Kienzle,Teresa Mendez-Faith
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1996
- LanguageEnglish, Spanish
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Out-of-print date04/08/2016
- Weight703 g
- Width188 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.