All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pantanal of Brazil, Bolivia and Paraguay is South America's Serengeti: its wetlands are the largest on earth (they're half the size of France) and, in the dry season, crocodiles and storks jostle to gobble the last of the dying fish. Here, the continent's largest cat, the jaguar, lives alongside giant otters, anacondas and the world's largest parrot. A comprehensive introduction to the best place to watch wildlife in South America, and beautifully illustrated throughout, Bradt's Pantanal Wildlife is the only portable book to cover all the main wildlife groups while focussing exclusively on the Pantanal. Bradt's fully illustrated wildlife guides focus on regions of the world particularly celebrated for their amazing and often unique species. With spectacular photography or exclusive watercolour drawings throughout, each visitors' guide provides an introduction to the region's principal flora and fauna alongside suggested wildlife itineraries, practical information on when to go and what to take and photography tips. Written in a deliberately engaging way, they offer something different from dry field guides, and will appeal to the interested layman as much as the wildlife devotee. Ideal as a lightweight companion to any wildlife trip they also make a handsome souvenir.
- Author BiographyBased in Argentina, James Lowen is a wildlife writer, editor, photographer and lecturer. He is editor of the only magazine to focus on birdwatching in Latin America.
- Author(s)James Lowen
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Wildlife Guides)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.