All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $71.95
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $45.90Trending at AU $53.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $36.08Trending at AU $41.04
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $27.33
About this product
- DescriptionHumour for younger readers from a first-time children's author. They looked like ordinary, incent pants, but those pants had just hyptised the headteacher! Tony Trebelli has a little trouble telling the truth. He tells the most ermous lies in the world and body ever believes him. That is, until the day he gets his new pants. When he tells his first fib, they get a little warm. When he tells his second, there's a definite smell of burning. By the time he's on his third, there's smoke...but Tony doesn't care. Because each time this happens, Tony's lies get believed! His pants have the power to hyptise his teachers - even Mrs McMahon, the headteacher herself. However, when Tony's pants suddenly get too hot to bear, he finds himself naked in the playground. Suddenly his lies become less appealing and Tony learns his lesson. Taking the theme of the playground chant, 'Liar, liar pants on fire,' Victoria Lloyd has written an hilarious story for younger readers. With plenty of alliteration, repetition and humour this is a terrific text for children able to read on their own but who don't want a longer vel. This will be a highly illustrated text and with a theme of 'pants' every child will want to pick it up. Pants it is t!
- Author BiographyVictoria Lloyd is a 24 year-old production assistant with BBC Radio who previously worked as an assistant at MacMillan Children's Books. Passionate about children's literature, Pants on Fire will be her first published book.
- Author(s)Victoria Lloyd
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/02/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Content Note64 b/w illus
- Weight71 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Scott Walker
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Reading AgeFrom 7 To 9
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.