All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionWith a widely eclectic variety of protest art in mediums such as relief, lithography, collagraph, and photography, this major collection of contemporary politically engaged printmaking showcases art that uses themes of social justice and global equity to engage community members in conversation. Based on an art exhibition that has travelled to over a dozen cities in North America and including many do-it-yourself samples, this eye opening book contains works from more than 200 international artists. From the well established - Sue Coe, Swoon, Carlos Cortez - to street artists, rock poster makers, and up-and-comers such as Favianna Rodriguez and Chris Stain, this diverse collection is the work of artists who felt the need to respond to the monumental trends and events of modern politics.
- Author BiographyJosh MacPhee is a street artist and activist whoruns justseeds.org, a radical art distribution project. He is the author of Realizing the Impossible, Reproduce and Revolt!, and Stencil Pirates. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Josh MacPhee
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Content Note144 colour illus
- Weight276 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.