All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking textiles from paper is t a new phemen but currently the versatility and unusual properties of this fascinating material are being rediscovered by a whole new generation of textile artists. This book presents the reader first with a brief history of paper textiles, and then proceeds to discuss the properties of paper fibres, and how to use them. It includes projects which guide the user through knitting and crocheting, and ktting techniques. These are followed by projects using plaiting and twisting methods including basketmaking, and finally the paper fibres are used for weaving and decorating stitching. The book ends with an international survey of some of the world's leading paper textile artists. All in all this book provides a complete guide to this most fascinating subject. It should be a must on the bookshelves of everyone who is interested in textiles whether they are makers or t.
- Author BiographyChristina Leitner is a well-known Austrian textile artist, and is one eof the leading practitioners working with paper textiles.
- Author(s)Christina Leitner
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/04/2005
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note259 colour illustrations
- Weight1056 g
- Width235 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.