All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is research and who is a researcher? Why engage in research and what can be its value? How do we come to kw what lies beyond our horizons? Paradigms of Research for the 21st Century opens the door for wondering about these and other questions pertaining to the nature and process of educational research. It offers an insightful and detailed account of Western and n-Western philosophical traditions and perspectives on reality, kwledge, and values that have been responsive to past and present developments of educational research in North America. These accounts form a paradigm - a system of inquiry, a model, or a way of kwing. Empirical-analytic, pragmatic, interpretive, critical, poststructuralist, and transcendental paradigms are distinguished as an alternative to a quantitative-qualitative typology of paradigms in educational research. This book can be used for introductory and advanced research methods courses at the master's and doctoral levels.
- Author BiographyAntonina Lukenchuk (PhD, Chernivtsi University, Ukraine; EdD, Northern Illinois University) is Associate Professor of Educational Foundations and Research at National Louis University in Chicago, Illinois. Her recent publications include chapters in edited volumes, articles in various journals, and a book, Reflections on the Nature of Self in the World and Adult Education: A Search for Inclusive Ways of Knowing.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number436
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAntonina Lukenchuk
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.