Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe Burning of Desire is an intimate and dramatic rendering of life in the United States, 1943 to 2013. It follows one man's journey through political, cultural and social upheaval and the pervasive influences of television, film, books, sports, art, popular music, grand ideas, sexual confusion and drugs- everything that turned the life. It is the autobiography of a generation, t only because it is an honest witness to the country during these years, but because it illumines how one soul, in spite of these influences and because of them, finds its way to fulfillment, wisdom and peace. The pivotal moment of the life occurs center stage at the defining political assassination of the century. Paradise: Book One of The Burning of Desire depicts the years of childhood incence, 1943- 1960, as seen through the eyes of the realized man.
- Author BiographyThe author believes that every life is intimately connected to every other life but it takes a broken heart to see it. He was born in the valley and grew up crazy for sports, girls, rock and roll, and his country. He received the finest of educations, practiced civil rights law, entered politics, fled politics, wandered Europe and North Africa and had his heart broken many times. He has written poetry, legal articles, short stories, screenplays and a book of haiku, and directed two feature films. He currently teaches high school and lives in a family of musicians.
- Author(s)jackson Joad
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.