All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionCalvin Whitfield, born and raised on the outskirts of NYC in New Rochelle, has written a raw and inspirational story about a suburban paradise, and the social influences that perpetrated its destruction. Whitfield gives a unique and compelling perspective into the life of his childhood while growing up in an environment that reflects the values of a utopian community. By contrast, he gives powerful insight into the social issues of drug use, domestic violence, disappearing fathers, and the system of welfare, that would eventually transform his life, those of his community, and forever change their way of living.
- Author BiographyCalvin Whitfield, born and raised in New Rochelle, New York, is an educator with the New York City Department of Education. He is also Head Coach of Varsity Football at the Jamaica Campus High School. After graduating from New Rochelle High School, Whitfield attended the University of Rhode Island on a football scholarship, where he became an all-star player and had the opportunity to play professionally. He graduated URI with a BA in Economics, and later received a Masters in Special Education, Ms Ed., from Herbert H. Lehman College in the Bronx. Whitfield was inducted into the URI Athletic Hall of Fame in 2001 for his athletic achievements, and later into the City of New Rochelle Sports Hall of Fame. Whitfield's passion for supporting the needs of young people as an educator and football coach inspired the founding of Ella's Place Inc., a not- for- profit organization, providing educational resources to young offenders and at-risk youth. www.ellasplace.org.
- Author(s)Calvin C Whitfield
- PublisherMaryella Books
- Date of Publication09/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaryella Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.