All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContained in this volume are two great works by the English Poet John Milton, Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained. Milton's Paradise Lost is considered to be one of the most classic epic poems ever written. It is a retelling of the biblical story of the Genesis of man, of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, and of how Eve when tempted by Satan disobeyed God and ate from the tree of kwledge. Written in 1667, Paradise Lost is a poetic and intriguing interpretation of ancient biblical legend. Following the fall of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden in Milton's Paradise Lost, Milton turns his attention to the temptation of Jesus in the wilderness by Satan in Paradise Regained. In this work, a sequel to Paradise Lost, Satan tests Jesus in a similar way to Eve in the Garden of Eden. However, Jesus is t seduced by the promises of Satan and passes his test. Paradise Regained is a poetic and intriguing tale that follows along in the spirit of Milton's masterpiece Paradise Lost.
- Author(s)John Milton
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $13.85
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $12.58Trending at AU $14.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.