Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionParadise Regained , by Welsh monk Brother David, is a collection of the lyrical poems he wrote in the period coinciding with his years as junior professed, during which he pursued studies in the Eternal City. It also covers the period of eremitic life in Ireland and his transfer to a monastery in Italy. Unlike other works in the series, which date back to the 1980s through to today, silence and the tranquillity of the spirit are the main themes. It is obvious that, as a monk, he has great reverence for God and Heaven but he also possesses a poet's deep love of the world and its beauty. At times he has been troubled by the dichotomy existing between these two facets of his character but it seems he has emerged from the restless questing of earlier years into the calm seas of his Paradise Regained .He expresses himself predominantly through sonnets and is a skilful exponent of this verse form. A deeply thoughtful and meditative nature is clearly evident in his writing, which often emphasises his deep yearning for solitude and quiet. His verse epitomises his fundamental spirituality and his conviction that quietude will lead him to a closer relationship with his creator. Brother David's musical, eloquent style will enchant any lover of poetry and provides an extraordinary insight into our relationship with God and the Earth.
- Author(s)David Jones
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.