All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParadoxes from A to Z, Third edition is the essential guide to paradoxes, and takes the reader on a lively tour of puzzles that have taxed thinkers from Ze to Galileo, and Lewis Carroll to Bertrand Russell. Michael Clark uncovers an array of conundrums, such as Achilles and the Tortoise, Theseus' Ship, and the Prisoner's Dilemma, taking in subjects as diverse as kwledge, science, art and politics. Clark discusses each paradox in n-technical terms, considering its significance and looking at likely solutions. This third edition is revised throughout, and adds nine new paradoxes that have important bearings in areas such as law, logic, ethics and probability. Paradoxes from A to Z, Third edition is an ideal starting point for those interested t just in philosophical puzzles and conundrums, but anyone seeking to hone their thinking skills.
- Author BiographyMichael Clark is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at the University of Nottingham, UK. He is editor of the leading journal Analysis, and has published widely in a variety of areas, including philosophical logic and the philosophy of law.
- Author(s)Michael Clark
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.