CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Adams, a young attorney, becomes fascinated by the possibility of enacting a recurrent dream of public nakedness. On a Sunday morning, he drops his family at the door of their church, then disrobes in the car and walks down the aisle of the church with clothes on. This adventure leads to his being pressured into seeing a psychiatrist. He makes an appointment and begins seeing a medical student who is doing a psychiatric rotation. George and Harvey, the student therapist, both beginners, engage in psychotherapy; they also become friends. George also decides to learn to play polo, t kwing that Harvey's grandfather is a former polo player. There are zany characters in the story, including Harvey's supervisor; a man who kidnaps George's wife, Marjorie; and a womanizing polo player who convinces Marjorie to visit his television office in New York, where she is kidnapped. Meanwhile, Harvey has made a relationship with a young model, Moravia, whose mother is the daughter of one of Sigmund Freud's famous patients and whose father is an eccentric who befriends Harvey's grandfather Cassius, an aging attorney who takes a liking to George and hires him into his law firm. As the story moves through the activities of the foregoing characters, it alludes to both the productive and nproductive aspects of modern psychiatry and its place in contemporary culture.
- Author BiographyRobert Barasch is a retired clinical psychologist and a poet. His poetry has appeared in nationally published poetry magazines. He lives in Vermont.
- Author(s)Robert Barasch
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.