All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionFor courses in Paramedic Emergency Medical Services A strong, evidence-based foundation in the principles and practices of modern EMS Paramedic Care: Principles & Practice, Fifth Edition, offers EMS students and professionals a foundational guide and reference to paramedicine. Developed to stay ahead of current trends and practices, all five volumes are based on the National EMS Education Standards and the accompanying Paramedic Instructional Guidelines. Volume 2, Patient Assessment, addresses the various steps and facets of patient assessment. The first two chapters discuss scene size-up and primary assessment. The next three chapters present the techniques of conducting a comprehensive secondary assessment, along with history and physical exam, and discuss communication techniques for doing so. The sixth chapter presents an overview of patient monitoring techlogies. The final chapter discusses ways to apply the techniques learned in this volume to real patient situations. Updated with new information on Point of Care Testing, using ultrasound techlogy in the field, and recommendations for primary assessment, Volume 2 provides paramedic students with the principles of patient assessment. Also available with MyBRADYLab(TM) This title is also available with MyBRADYLab-an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyBRADYLab does t come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyBRADYLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
- Author BiographyBRYAN E. BLEDSOE, DO, FACEP, FAAEM, EMT-P Dr. Bryan Bledsoe is an emergency physician, researcher, and EMS author. Presently he is Professor of Emergency Medicine and Director of the EMS Fellowship program at the University of Nevada School of Medicine and an Attending Emergency Physician at the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada in Las Vegas. He is board-certified in emergency medicine. Prior to attending medical school, Dr. Bledsoe worked as an EMT, a paramedic, and a paramedic instructor. He completed EMT training in 1974 and paramedic training in 1976 and worked for six years as a field paramedic in Fort Worth, Texas. In 1979, he joined the faculty of the University of North Texas Health Sciences Center and served as coordinator of EMT and paramedic education programs at the university. Dr. Bledsoe is active in emergency medicine and EMS research. He is a popular speaker at state, national, and international seminars and writes regularly for numerous EMS journals. He is active in educational endeavors with the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) and the University of Nevada at Las Vegas. Dr. Bledsoe is the author of numerous EMS textbooks and has in excess of 1 million books in print. Dr. Bledsoe was named a Hero of Emergency Medicine in 2008 by the American College of Emergency Physicians as a part of their 40th anniversary celebration and was named a Hero of Health and Fitness by Men's Health magazine as part of their 20th anniversary edition in November of 2008. He is frequently interviewed in the national media. Dr. Bledsoe is married and divides his time between his residences in Midlothian, TX, and Las Vegas, NV. RICHARD A. CHERRY, MS, EMT-P Richard Cherry is a Training Consultant for Northern Onondaga Volunteer Ambulance (NOVA) in Liverpool, New York, a suburb of Syracuse. He is also a program reviewer for The Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS). He formerly held positions in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Upstate Medical University as Director of Paramedic Training, Assistant Emergency Medicine Residency Director, Clinical Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, and Technical Director for Medical Simulation. His experience includes years of classroom teaching and emergency fieldwork. A native of Buffalo, Mr. Cherry earned his bachelor's degree at nearby St. Bonaventure University in 1972. He taught high school for the next ten years while he earned his master's degree in education from Oswego State University in 1977. He holds a permanent teaching license in New York State. Mr. Cherry entered the emergency medical services field in 1974 with the DeWitt Volunteer Fire Department, where he served his community as a firefighter and EMS provider for more than 15 years. He took his first EMT course in 1977 and became an ALS provider two years later. He earned his paramedic certificate in 1985 as a member of the area's first paramedic class. He then worked both as a paid and volunteer paramedic for the next 15 years. Mr. Cherry has authored several books for Brady. Most notable are Paramedic Care: Principles & Practice, Essentials of Paramedic Care, Intermediate Emergency Care: Principles & Practice, and EMT Teaching: A Common Sense Approach. He has made presentations at many state, national, and international EMS conferences on a variety of EMS clinical and teaching topics. He and his wife, Sue, reside in Sun City West, Arizona. In addition to riding horses, hiking, and playing softball, they volunteer their time at Banner Del Webb Medical Center. Mr. Cherry also plays lead guitar in a Christian band.
- Author(s)Bryan E. Bledsoe,Richard A. Cherry,Robert S. Porter
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication16/05/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.