All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of parents from their own perspective t just as socializing agents of their children has been long neglected. This book summarizes and presents the new and surging literature on parenting representations namely parents' views, emotions and internal world regarding their parenting. Within this area, several prominent researchers typically coming from the attachment tradition suggested various ways of assessing parenting representations, mostly by way of semi-structured interviews. This book presents their conceptualizations and includes detailed descriptions of their interviews and their coding schemes. In addition, a review and summary of the growing number of findings in this domain and an integrated conceptualization that serves a theoretical base for future research are presented. Finally, the clinical implications of the study of parenting representations are discussed at large. Clinical tions and conceptualizations regarding parenting representations are presented and thoroughly discussed including detailed case studies that demonstrate among other things intergenerational transmission of representations.
- Author BiographyOfra Mayseless received her Ph.D. from the Psychology Department of Tel-Aviv University in Israel in 1984. She is a certified clinical psychologist and a professor of Developmental Psychology at the Faculty of Education at the University of Haifa in Israel. She has taught in UC Berkeley, and Mills College, California, as well as in University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, BC, Canada. She is a member of the American Psychological Association, the Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD), International Association for Relationship Research (IARR), International Society for the Study of Behavior Development, and the International Society for Research on Adolescence. She has written over 50 articles and chapters in the area of close relationships, in particular adolescents' and adults' attachment and caregiving manifestations.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/04/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Social & Emotional Development
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 tables
- Weight782 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byOfra Mayseless
- Series Edited byCarolyn Uhlinger Shantz,Robert N. Emde,Willard W. Hartup,Lois Hoffman,Franz J. Monks,Eleanor E. Maccoby,Nancy Eisenberg,Carolyn Zahn-Waxler,Ross D. Parke
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.