All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery parent kws the unrelenting fervour of a four-year-old's tantrum, an eight-year-old's insistence on talking back, or a moody pre-teen's newfound hobby of brooding in anger. And every parent has asked the simple question: how can I avoid meltdowns and create more peace at home? While most parenting strategies are designed to coerce your kids to change, Parenting Without Power Struggles does something invative, and focuses on where parents actually have real control: within themselves. When parents learn to keep their cool and parent from a strong and durable connection, they become able to help their children navigate the challenging moments of growing up. Family therapist Susan Stiffelman has shown thousands of parents how to be the confident 'captain of the ship' in their children's lives. Based on her successful practice and packed with real-life stories, Susan shares proven strategies and clear insights to motivate kids to cooperate and connect, making Parenting Without PowerStruggles an extraordinary guidebook for transforming your day-to-day parenting life.
- Author BiographySusan Stiffelman is a licensed psychotherapist and marriage/family therapist in Malibu, California. She holds a BA in developmental psychology and an MA in clinical psychology. Through her presence as AOL's parenting expert (AdviceMama), her private work with adults, couples, teens and children, her frequent public presentations, her phone coaching, articles, interviews and active website (www.parentingwithoutpowerstruggles.com), Susan has become a source of advice and support for hundreds of thousands of parents longing to raise joyful and resilient kids in a fast-paced world.
- Author(s)Susan Stiffelman
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Content Note25 b&w illos
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.