CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe popular RTE series Teens in the Wild showed David Coleman doing what he does best: taking families who were locked in conflict and turning things around. It wasn't always easy, but the results were dramatic, moving and inspiring. The key to a successful journey through adolescence centres on the recognition that parenting styles have to develop and progress through this period. In Parenting is Child's Play: The Teenage Years , David Coleman explains why adolescence gets such a bad press and, reassuringly, why parents don't have to dread it. Even if affection, respect and cooperation seem to be replaced by contempt, rejection and recalcitrance, there is an explanation for these changes and they don't have to cause irreparable damage. Parenting is Child's Play: The Teenage Years provides key information about what is going on with your child, and is brimming with helpful advice and down-to-earth strategies. For parents supporting their children on one of the most important journeys they'll ever undertake - the journey from childhood to adulthood - it is essential reading.
- Author BiographyDavid Coleman is a husband and father of three children. In his spare time he is a clinical psychologist who works with children, teenagers and their families with a range of emotional or behavioural difficulties. He also supervises and supports others who work with children and families, and he gives lectures and runs workshops around Ireland. David's straightforward, encouraging and successful approach to even the trickiest situations has been greeted with widespread acclaim. It is built on the belief that, if children are happy and having fun, then parents will be happier and have more fun too.
- Author(s)David Coleman
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/01/2010
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintPenguin Ireland
- Out-of-print date18/08/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight704 g
- Width186 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.