All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionParents of children with an autism spectrum disorder want to be proactive. This book, w in its second edition, offers a collection of practical, real-world information and insights to help parents do just that: plan for their child's needs. The book combines current research and literature reviews with the experiences gleaned by the author as she has worked with families impacted by ASD for the past twenty years. Most books on autism address school needs, but parents want to kw how they can make their home lives most functional. This book provides that information, down to how to arrange rooms in the home for the most positive outcomes. This resource can also be used by professionals as they work with and support families with children on the autism spectrum. For the second edition, the author has updated the text and added content to make the book even more valuable to parents. New features include: A new chapter on children with the Asperger syndrome label A new chapter on young adulthood and transition issues More hands-on activities that will allow parents to help their children develop communication skills With its new and updated content, Parenting on the Autism Spectrum: A Survival Guide, Second Edition is a parent-friendly book that will assist parents in their efforts to help their children reach their full potential.
- Author BiographyLynn Adams is an Associate professor in the department of Communication sciences and Disorders at Valdosta State University, Georgia. She holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence form the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Her areas of clinical expertise include autism spectrum disorders and child language development and disorders. Dr. Adams has taught at the university level for over 15 years. She received her doctorate from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, and her MS and BS from The Florida State University, Tallahassee. She is active in both state and national professional associations.
- Author(s)Lynn Adams
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteb/w illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.