All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.15Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by parents who have been through the US special education system, this book cuts through the jargon to provide other parents with a -nsense road map full of valuable first-hand insights and tried-and-tested advice. The authors clearly describe: * the special education process, including the school hierarchies parents are likely to encounter and etiquette to be aware of when dealing with school personnel * the information parents should expect to see in school evaluations and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), and what to do when this information is missing or insufficient * problems parents may encounter when the needs of the school conflict with the needs of a child, including how to deal with such situations and when to seek legal advice * the importance of organizing special education documentation and establishing a 'paper trail', and how to begin this process * why transition planning is so important, and transition services parents may want to consider for their child. Demonstrating that parents really do have the power to make special education work for their child, this empowering guide is essential reading for parents of children with disabilities who are new to the special education system in the US, as well as those who feel frustrated with the system.
- Author BiographyJudith Canty Graves and Carson Graves are the parents of a son with learning disabilities who is about to graduate from college. They live in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Carson Graves,Judith Canty Graves
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/12/2013
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.