All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents original research outlining the key elements in responding to parental misuse of drugs and alcohol. * Offers a definition of misuse and addiction and the factors that influence the nature of misuse or addiction * Reviews extensively the nature and impact of parental substance misuse on children and families using the latest evidence * Explores how research and theories might help inform professionals or n-professionals assessing families affected by parents who misuse drugs or alcohol * Provides an in-depth discussion of Motivational Interviewing, including a critical discussion of the challenges and limitations involved in using it in child and family settings * Considers the wider implications of the findings for practice and policy and argues that these responses can be used across the field of work with vulnerable children and their families
- Author BiographyDonald Forrester is Professor of Social Work Research and Director of the Tilda Goldberg Centre at the University of Bedfordshire. Judith Harwin is Professor of Social Work and Director of the Centre for Child and Youth Research at Brunel University.
- Author(s)Donald Forrester,Judith Harwin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleWiley Child Protection & Policy S.
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.