All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHenry Miller's Nexus was censored fifty years ago, while Miller and his publishers fought for freedom of speech. Nexus II was never published, and relooks at his first trip to Paris and Europe in 1928, a world on the edge of the great depression. That night I didn't sleep a wink. It wasn't the bedbugs that kept me awake, it was Europe, the horror and misery, which penetrated it through and through. This volume collates these unpublished memoirs as Henry Miller wished, showing his troubled relationship with June, what might be in store for him in Paris, and his life in New York, when alone in the hot summer of 1927. This first English edition, illustrated with drawings by Garry Shead, offers up a reprise of Miller's views on Europe on the brink of great changes, counter pointed by his own personal sexual revelry and freedom of choice.
- Author BiographyHenry Miller (1891-1980), American novelist, memoirist, and essayist, was best known for merging personal experience with fiction, blurring the lines between reality and imagination. His most notable literary works include Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn.Tom Thompson is an Australian publisher and literary agent who has represented the Estates of Henry Miller, Arthur Upfield, and Judith Wright. He recently edited Lewis Morley's photographs, I to Eye, and introduced Richard Brautigan's The God of Martians.
- Author(s)Henry Miller
- PublisherETT Imprint
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationRoyal Exchange
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintETT Imprint
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width160 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement1
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.