All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's a new trend among the young designers and decorators of Paris: an embracing of an aesthetic called fait main. Literally, this means made by hand, but in this case it includes t only new items fashioned by hand but vintage objects and found objects that are valued as they are, or that may have been reworked. What unites them is the handprint of a talented creator. Stylist Pia Jane Bijkerk has discovered more than fifty places-organized into walks-that embody this style. Some are shops owned by professional chineurs, people who hunt out objects sought after by interior decorators, architects, and stylists. Other places aren't really shops but primarily studios, where, if you stop by, you can purchase something directly from the artist. Also included are nearby cafes, bakeries, cheese shops, and tearooms with artisanal foods that reflect the spirit of made by hand.
- Author BiographyPia Jane Bijkerk is an Australian stylist specializing in still life, food, interiors, and lifestyle imagery. She has a special interest in forecasting design trends. She lives in Amsterdam and Paris, and works internationally with renowned photographers for magazines and advertising agencies. Clients include Vogue Entertaining & Travel, GQ, Real Simple, Marie Claire, and Saatchi & Saatchi.
- Author(s)Pia Jane Bijkerk
- PublisherLittle Bookroom,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/05/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Bookroom,U.S.
- Content NoteColour photographs
- Weight412 g
- Width151 mm
- Height151 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.