All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA glamorous fish-out-of-water first vel, Paris Hangover stars Klein, a just-escaped New Yorker with trunks full of fabulous footwear but without the significant relationship she'd really expected and longed to have by w, in her mid-thirties. Fleeing a live-in lover and their sleek TriBeCa triplex as well as a career in fashion, Klein starts over in Paris-in a tiny walk-up in the 6th that she had to lie (in broken Franglais) and write a bad cheque to get, only to discover that, among other things, Parisian apartments don't come with kitchens. Living out of her ten piece luggage set (Louis Vuitton, natch), Klein plunges into the mysterious world of French men and dating. She muddles her way through: the sexy Renaud, the prototypical Frenchman; dating three men named Jean simultaneously; and one completely wrong Monsieur Married Man, who wants Klein for his very well kept mistress. Set against a backdrop of kwing references to Paris and its unique manners and mores, Paris Hangover is a very satisfying modern romance.
- Author BiographyKirsten Lobe is a former fashion designer for Calvin Klein and Oscar de la Renta who also designed home furnishings sold in stores such as Barney and Neiman-Marcus. In 2002, she traded a 2,000 square foot Tribeca loft for a 550 square foot garret in Paris' St. Germain, where she still lives.
- Author(s)Kirsten Lobe
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication17/04/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $74.00
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.16
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.09
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.