All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionParis New York is a comprehensive catalogue of work from a master of street photography. One of the first to utilise the hand-held camera for photography, Stein captured the poignant moments of street life on two of the world's greatest and most diverse cities. Stein also took penetrating portraits of some of the world's greats; including Georgia O'Keeffe and Albert Einstein. This is the first time his entire collection has been presented in one publication.
- Author BiographyFred Stein (1909, Dresden - 1967, New York) was a master of the art of street photography. His portraits and reportage had appeared in newspapers, magazines, and books throughout the world. He had numerous one-man exhibitions, gave frequent lectures, and had several books published. Dawn Freer Dawn Freer is an editor who lives in upstate New York withher husband, Peter Stein. After a career in feature films, she moved on to independent documentaries, winning many awards. Her editorial work includes manuscript editing and fine art photography editing. She has been working withthe Fred Stein Archive for thirty years. Cilly Kugelmann is curator and vice director at the Jewish Museum Berlin, Germany. Gilles Mora is a curator and scholar of modern American photography. He is the author or co-author of important monographs on Walker Evans, Edward Weston, W. Eugene Smith and others. He is currently the artistic director of Le Pavillon Populaire in Montpellier, France. Biographer and poet, Rosemary Sullivan is professor emeritusat the University of Toronto.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication12/05/2013
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Note1
- Weight1592 g
- Width240 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Photographer(s)Fred Stein
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.