All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTemptations abound for the sweet tooth in Paris, from the hottest culinary trends to time-hored classics. Patisserie is an integral part of the city's gastromic tradition and the source of countless delectable creations that combine fruit, cream fillings, icings, frostings, mousses, and pastry. Readers will yield to sweet temptation as they discover the best pastries and cakes the city has to offer, including macaroons, eclairs, rum babas, tarts, Mont Blancs, polonaises, and cakes with Japanese inspiration. The pastry chefs share their signature recipes and show off their artful creations, which are described in the context of their historical tradition, composition, and gastromic qualities. The evolution of pastry art is also explained, focusing in particular on the new generation of Parisian pastry chefs and chocolate makers, buzzing with the creativity and ingenuity that are redefining their craft. The book includes an address book of the best pastry shops and tea rooms in Paris along with twenty-five recipes from the city's most respected pastry chefs.
- Author BiographyPierre Herme, leading French pastry chef, is internationally renowned for the quality and creativity of his pastries. Christian Sarramon is a distinguished lifestyle photographer. His work has been featured in Axel Vervoordt: Timeless Interiors, Provence Style, Living in Paris, Living in Provence, Gourmet Shops of Paris, Gourmet Bistros and Restaurants of Paris, and Yquem. Julia Hung is a journalist for a number of culinary publications in France.
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication25/01/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1280 g
- Width239 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChristian Sarramon
- Photographs byChristian Sarramon
- Foreword byPierre Herme
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.