All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis handsome, unique package-containing a stereoscopic viewer, 34 3D photographic cards, and a photo-packed paperback book-offers a rare view of Paris, the world's most beautiful city, during an era when art, literature, poetry, and music blossomed and reigned. Paris during the Belle Epoque (1880-1914) was a time when peace and prosperity allowed for towering invation in art, fashion, architecture, and gastromy. The city at this time was the epicenter of art and music. Faure, Saint Saens, Debussy, and Ravel were composing; Rodin was working on The Thinker; Reir, Monet, Cezanne, Pissarro, and Degas painted scenes depicting everyday life; and Pablo Picasso embarked on his Blue Period. As Art Nouveau came into fashion, new buildings followed suit. Opera Garnier, Castel Beranger, Moulin Rouge, and the Paris Metro entrances were all built during this time. Galeries Lafayette unveiled its gilded department store, which sold couture to the aspiring middle class. This burgeoning creativity and prosperity, as well as the city and the inhabitants who embraced it, are all captured here, with stunning clarity and realism. Paris in 3D's invative and inimitable package includes a sturdy metal stereoscopic viewer, 34 rarely seen stereoscopic photographs of the city at the turn of the century, and an accompanying 128-page paperback, which provides a brief history of the stereograph craze and an overview of the city's evolution during that time.
- Author BiographyBruno Fuligni is a French writer and historian. He has written more than 20 books.
- Author(s)Bruno Fuligni
- PublisherBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Content NoteMore than 300 b&w photos
- Weight838 g
- Width202 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.