All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionParkinson's disease, a common neurologic disorder of dopamine dysfunction, is characterized by motor, cognitive, psychiatric and automic symptoms. Parkinsonism has been defined as a complex syndrome with many etiologies, and it is most common in the elderly. Its cause is unkwn and it is represented by idiopathic Parkinson's disease and other neurodegenerative conditions. Chapter one of this book discusses vascular Parkinsonism, which is a type of a Parkinsonism secondary to cerebrovascular disease. Chapter two presents a single blind randomized phase II study comparing surgical intervention with adjustable ventriculo-peritoneal shunt plus dopamine oral therapy versus surgical operation alone in patients affected by idiopathic rmal pressure hydrocephalus associated with Parkinsonism. Chapter three reviews the current kwledge regarding the role of Mavridis' atrophy (the parkinsonism-related shrinkage of the human nucleus accumbens) in Parkinson's disease.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight320 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byCynthia Fisher
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.