All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent invations, including deep brain stimulation and new medications, have significantly improved the lives of people who have Parkinson's disease. Nevertheless, patients and families continue to face many challenges. They have long relied on this book for reliable advice about medical, emotional, and physical issues. Bringing this trusted guide up to date, three expert neurologists describe: new understandings gained by five years of additional research on Parkinson's disease; new focus on the importance of exercise; new information about imaging techniques such as SPECT Scan and DATScan that are aiding in the diagsis; new findings about the genetics of the disease; promising uses of new techlogies such as tablet devices for people who have trouble communicating; information about impulse control disorders caused by some drugs used to address the symptoms of the disease; and a complete update on treatments such as medications, surgery, and more.
- Author BiographyWilliam J. Weiner, M.D., was director of the Maryland Parkinson's Disease Center and professor and chairman of the Department of Neurology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Lisa M. Shulman, M.D., is a professor of neurology, holds the Eugenia Brin Professorship, and is the Rosalyn Newman Distinguished Scholar in Parkinson's Disease at the University of Maryland. Anthony E. Lang, M.D., F.R.C.P., is a professor of neurology and holds the Jack Clark Chair in Parkinson's Disease Research at the University of Toronto. He is the director of the Morton and Gloria Shulman Movement Disorders Center and the Edmond J. Safra Program in Parkinson's Disease at Toronto Western Hospital.
- Author(s)Anthony E. Lang,Lisa M. Shulman,William J. Weiner
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleA Johns Hopkins Press Health Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note22, 22 black & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.