All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionDiseases have a history, and understanding that history helps us understand how best to treat and control disease today. Today's students are confronted with a paply of often-frightening illnesses and afflictions - the Biography of Diseases series provides students with the information that they need to understand the origin of various maladies, how they impact contemporary society, and how doctors and researchers from around the world are fighting to devise treatments to alleviate or cure these diseases. This volume, Parkinson's Disease, covers the history and life story of the neuromuscular disease that is famous for the numerous celebrities who have suffered from the disease - Janet Re, Michael J. Fox, Pope John Paul II. The volume covers diagsis, treatment, complications, impact on life and family, and research into the disease.
- Author BiographyNutan Sharma is on the staff of Massachusetts General Hospital and an assistant professor at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Sharma was born and raised in western New York state. After completing her clinical training, she joined the staff at Massachusetts General Hospital, where she is currently an assistant neurologist, specializing in the care of individuals with Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders.
- Author(s)Nutan Sharma
- Date of Publication30/03/2008
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBiographies of Disease
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note8 b&w illustrations, 3 tables
- Weight363 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.