All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionOliverio Girondo is a leading figure of the Spanish American avant-garde. Parody, the Avant-Garde, and the Poetics of Subversion in Oliverio Girondo examines the presence and function of parody in Girondo's early poetry and drawings. It illustrates how, through the subversion of both conventional and vanguard poetics, these texts discredit the values imposed upon artistic production by institutionalized models and social codes. This book assesses the extent to which Girondo followed the theories outlined in his critical writings and considers how his works fit into the general trajectory of the historical avant-garde and contemporary Spanish American literature.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Patricia M. Montilla received her Ph.D. in Romance languages and literatures from the University of Chicago. She is Assistant Professor of Spanish at Western Michigan University. She is the author of several articles and book reviews on contemporary Spanish American poetry and U.S. Latino literature.
- Author(s)Patricia M. Montilla
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleLatin America Interdisciplinary Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.