All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionMore than any other work in the operatic repertory, Parsifal demands a personal commitment and response. As the culmination of a lifetime's preoccupation with the issues of compassion and redemption, it has profound philosophical implications. As the ultimate example of Wagner's idiom, it displays an extraordinary musical structure. The unique quality of the subject inspired a wholly original musical conception. Here are four very different essays designed, in their variety, to set you thinking about what it means to you. This new English translation by Andrew Porter was commissioned for the first production by English National opera at Easter 1986.
- Author(s)Richard Wagner
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/02/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOverture Publishing
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byJohn Nicholas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.