All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionBert Johnston's vel, Parson Campbell's Breakthrough, will encourage all who labor in the night, unsure of what the dawn may bring. In this vel of the 1950s, newly-minted minister Eddie Campbell discovers on his first Sunday in Pear Valley that his leading elder is an apostle of racism. His own more liberal views soon put him at serious odds with Mr. Melon, but over time he gains a tentative acceptance through his ministry in Melon family crises. When Eddie's long-lost Navy buddy shows up at Easter with his black wife, the trust dissolves and the whole congregation is affronted. The story climaxes with the Christmas Day burning of a nearby black church and ends with a major act of generosity and an unexpected gesture of reconciliation. This is a story of young love, uncertain faith and unconditional friendship.
- Author BiographyThe author is a retired Presbyterian minister, now living with his wife, Betty, at Westminster Village in Spanish Fort, Alabama.
- Author(s)Bert Johnston
- Date of Publication25/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.