All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionLove and compassion are at the heart of domestic labor, yet historically, domestic workers have been rendered invisible-by society and in the eyes of the law. Mostly foreign-born women, these workers have been excluded from labour protections that workers in the rest of the ecomy take for granted. Part of the Family? Chronicles the rising political and social movement to secure labour protections for domestic workers.
- Author BiographySheila Bapat is an attorney and writer covering economics, labor, reproductive law and policy, and gender discrimination and disparity in politics and the workforce. She currently writes about economic justice topics for RH Reality Check, and contributes to Reuters. Her work has been published in many places, including Slate, Jacobin, and Salon. She holds a JD from the University of Pennsylvania, and currently lives in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Sheila Bapat
- PublisherIg Publishing
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIg Publishing
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.