All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is concerned with digital image processing techniques that use partial differential equations (PDEs) for the task of image 'inpainting', an artistic term for virtual image restoration or interpolation, whereby missing or occluded parts in images are completed based on information provided by intact parts. Computer graphic designers, artists and photographers have long used manual inpainting to restore damaged paintings or manipulate photographs. Today, mathematicians apply powerful methods based on PDEs to automate this task. This book introduces the mathematical concept of PDEs for virtual image restoration. It gives the full picture, from the first modelling steps originating in Gestalt theory and arts restoration to the analysis of resulting PDE models, numerical realisation and real-world application. This broad approach also gives insight into functional analysis, variational calculus, optimisation and numerical analysis and will appeal to researchers and graduate students in mathematics with an interest in image processing and mathematical analysis.
- Author BiographyCarola-Bibiane Schonlieb is a Lecturer in Applied and Computational Analysis and Head of the Cambridge Image Analysis group at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (DAMTP), University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Carola-Bibiane Schonlieb
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number29
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note69 b/w illus. 34 colour illus. 15 exercises
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.