All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- DescriptionAs vel, complex social problems increase, especially those involving vulnerable people who reside in challenging places, the limitations of conventional research methods implemented by just one or two investigators become apparent. Research and development alternatives are needed, particularly methods that engage teams of researchers in real world problem solving while simultaneously generating practice- and policy-relevant kwledge. Research methods that effectively tap the expertise of everyday people, especially those impacted by these targeted social problems, are a special priority because academic researchers often lack experiential kwledge that stems from direct, everyday encounters with these vexing problems. Participatory action research (PAR) responds to these manifest needs. It provides a methodological structure and operational guidelines for preparing and deploying people from various walks of life as co-researchers, and it provides a proven strategy for generating practice- and policy-relevant kwledge as problem-solving in real world contexts proceeds.
- Author BiographyHal A. Lawson, PhD, is Professor of Social Welfare and Professor of Educational Administration and Policy Studies at the University at Albany, State University of New York.James Caringi, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Social Work at the University of Montana.
- Author(s)Christine Bozlak,Hal A. Lawson,James Caringi,Janine Jurkowski,Loretta Pyles
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePocket Guides to Social Work Research Methods
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width140 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.