Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book highlights participatory video as an instrument for community-based adult education and focuses in particular on the role that it can play in promoting participatory culture among adult learners. In brief, participatory video refers to participant-centered video making. Today, participant-generated videos can travel farther and faster than ever before, and thus, the perspectives represented can be effectively shared by a large number of people. Participatory video can also offer those involved an opportunity to address issues that matter to them and give voice to their experiences. The author explores this potential based on her experience working with adult learners in a metropolitan community and addresses participatory video in both theory and practice. The target readership is adult educators, but it will also be helpful to researchers who have a particular interest in incorporating video into their community-based work.
- Author BiographyKyung-Hwa Yang (Ph.D) is a research associate in the Faculty of Education at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in South Africa as well as an adjunct faculty member in the College of Education at DePaul University in the United States. Her interests include community-based adult education, critical media literacy, and participatory visual methods. Specifically, she focuses on exploring visual media to bring out people's experiences, voices, and conceived ideas. In 2014, she was nominated as an emerging diversity scholar from the University of Michigan. Her work has been published in the International Journal of Lifelong Education, Visual Studies, the Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, and other edited volumes.
- Author(s)Kyung-Hwa Yang
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication08/06/2016
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Education
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight140 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.