All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionSeven years after the first experiments in the new field of Nuclear Physics, the Highly Relativistic Heavy Ion Physics, the Nato-Advanced- Study-Institute on the 'Particle Production in Highly Excited Matter' was held from July 12 till July 24, 1992, at Il Ciocco, Castelvecchio Pascoli, near Lucca in Italy. The school took place at a mo- ment when intensive efforts are mounted by the scientific community of Relativistic Heavy Ion Physics to meet the extraordinary challenge of the new upcoming physics opportunities. The gold beams of 10 GeV A at Brookhaven AGS have been sent to the experiments this Summer and we extent our congratulations to the persons and teams who made this possible. The Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at Brookhaven is under construction and expected to allow experiments to see collisions in the intersec- tion regions early 1998. The lead beams at the SPS at CERN scheduled for summer 1994 are eagerly awaited by 6 large experiments, and many scientists are planning the experiments at the planned LHC with heavy ions to be turned on before the year 2000. Seen against this background of rather fierce activity, we were most delighted when NATO accepted our application for an Advanced Study Institute oriented to the main subject of this young and dynamic field of research. We are very grateful to the Scientific Affairs Division of NATO and Dr. L. DaCunha, the director of the Advanced Study Institute program for giving our community this opportunity.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2012
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number303
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1318 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byHans H. Gutbrod,Johann Rafelski
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.