All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternationally recognized as the gold standard in providing services to children with special needs and their family members, family-centred practice has developed substantially over the past two decades. However, there has t been until w a basic practice text for guiding professional education and skill building across diverse areas. Filling this significant gap, Partnering with Parents is a primer on family-centred practice for professionals working in children's health and developmental services. The material in this textbook spans interdisciplinary training across key child service sectors (particularly child development, child mental health, and children's health). The authors identify and discuss the key principles of the model as it is practiced in Canada, with a focus on working alliances, empowerment methods, and the development of social support resources. Providing examples of the application of family-centred practice in a wide range of service settings, Partnering with Parents will be useful for the social workers, nurses, psychologists, and allied health professionals who work together in complex service situations.
- Author BiographyBarry Trute is an emeritus professor in the Faculty of Social Work at the University of Calgary and the University of Manitoba.
- Author(s)Barry Trute,Diane Hiebert-Murphy
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note3 figures
- Weight500 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.