All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $18.00Trending at AU $27.52
- AU $38.95Trending at AU $40.15
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe PeranakansA people of mixed Chinese and Malay heritage, the Peranakans are kwn for their outstanding cuisine. Traditionally prepared by the womenfolk, or Nyonyas, the cuisine combines the best cooking styles and ingredients from the Chinese and Malay kitchens.-----------In this book, rewned Peranakan chef Philip Chia takes Peranakan cooking to ather level by styling traditional Peranakan dishes on small plates and presenting them as light bites perfect for entertaining and get-togethers. With intensely rich and complex flavours, and simple yet effective plating ideas, these Peranakan bites will make any occasion unforgettable.
- Author BiographyPhilip Chia's passion for cooking was ignited when he learnt how to pound spices the traditional Peranakan way, with a batu lesong (stone mortar and pestle), at the tender age of six.Over the years, Philip continued to pick up cooking tips and learn the finer details of Peranakan cooking from his Nyonya aunties, who held exacting standards when it came to preparing Peranakan dishes and sweets. This lead him to emerge as one of the finalists in a cooking competition judged by the late Mrs Lee Chin Koon, an acknowledged authority on Peranakan cooking.Today, Philip helms the Peranakan kitchen at the highly reviewed Straits Express restaurant in Singapore where he continues to share his passion for Peranakan cooking with his team of chefs and guests. He is often invited as guest chef for Peranakan food promotions both locally and abroad, and he is also a familiar face on television, promoting Peranakan cuisine.Philip Chia is also the author of Peranakan Heritage Cooking and Delightful Little Nyonya Treats.
- Author(s)Philip Chia
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Content Notefull colour photographs
- Weight227 g
- Width180 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.