All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionAssessing the trajectory of democratization in East Asia, this volume offers a systematic and tightly integrated analysis of party-system development in countries across the region.The authors utilize unprecedented cross-national survey data to examine the institutional structure of party systems, the range of choices these systems represent, and their connection to voting preferences. They also investigate the consequences of partisanship for citizen support of the democratic process. While revealing that party development in the region is still incomplete, the book highlights areas of progress as it explores the potential for enhanced representation.This is a systematic and tightly integrated examination of party-system development, in the context of democratization, across East Asia.
- Author BiographyRussell J. Dalton is professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine. In 1995-2004, he served as founding director of the university's Center for the Study of Democracy. Doh Chull Shin is professor of political science and holds the Korea Foundation Chair at the University of Missouri. He is one of the founding members of the East Asian Barometer Program. Yun-han Chu is distinguished research fellow at the Institute of Political Science, Academia Sinica, and director of the East Asian Barometer Program.
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2008
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Edited byDoh Chull Shin,Russell J. Dalton,Yun-Han Chu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.