Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionPascal's Triangle is one of the most intriguing array of numbers in mathematics. Not only are there seemingly boundless patterns and relationships within the trianglular array itself, but there are also numerous applications in mathematics, probability, statistics and science. Students at all levels, elementary through college, can find something of interest appropriate to their level and beyond. This book has been designed to provide a vehicle to the discovery of many of those patterns and applications. This 2nd Edition contains new material on Catalan numbers centered polygonal numbers counting paths on grids Euler's formula Pascal's pyramid Vandermonde's identity and more. Teachers and students are eligible for special discounts for purchases of this book. Send an email to email@example.com for information on qualifying for a discount code to use before ordering.
- Author BiographyThomas M. Green was born in New York State, raised in Pennsylvania, Texas, and California. He received his Master's Degree in Mathematics in 1962 from California State University, Long Beach. He did post-graduate study at Stanford University in the late 1960's and early 1970's as a fellow in two different National Science Foundation projects in Mathematics and Computer Science. He has authored or co-authored several mathematical papers, textbooks, and the book Pascal's Triangle (with Charles L. Hamberg). Tom is now professor emeritus of Mathematics at Contra Costa College. He lives in California with his wife Sandra. Charles L. Hamberg grew up in Stillman Valley, a small town outside Rockford, Illinois. After graduating from Northern Illinois University he then received his Master's Degree in Mathematics. He received a certificate for Advanced Studies from National Louis University in Chicago. He was the first Illinois recipient of the Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching of Mathemtics in 1983 and a recipient of the Golden Apple Award for teaching. Chuck was a long time math teacher at Adlai E. Stevenson High School, Lincolnshire, the Illinois Mathematics & Science Academy, Aurora, and co-author of several math textbooks. Member of several math organizations, including the Illinois Council and the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. Survived by wife, Della and son, Jon. Also, by Thomas M. Green: The Simplex, Duplex, and Pascal's Triangles With Excursions Into Hyperspace https: //www.createspace.com/5578019 or http: //www.amazon.com/Simplex-Duplex-Pascals-Triangles-Relatives/dp/1514677091/ Texas Hold 'Em Poker Textbook https: //www.createspace.com/3486256 or http: //www.amazon.com/Texas-Hold-Em-Poker-Textbook/dp/1453839348/
- Author(s)Thomas M Green
- Date of Publication17/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight943 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.